Monday 13 June 2011

Terry Pratchett/ Life doesn't get much better.


Went to my job in my No2 Jacket, now moved to No1 (pale grey). Didn't expect Court so I wore black jeans, a little old, Doc Martens , dove grey shirt, tie.

Went to court anyway, did the business, found myself after 7 ½ recorded hours of work and 12 hours at work sitting at a bus stop in Lower Clapton waiting for the 48 bus. My emergency supplies are Camel Lites, any newspaper and an emergency book.

Emergency book is Terry Pratchett's “Moving Pictures”, light and funny, but not one of his best. I'm eyeing the rain when a young man stops.

“What are you reading?” He asks. He must be about 16 to 17. I'm white with my pony tail and balding, he's black with marvellous hair and a love for books.

We talk about Terry's best, which includes “ Reaper Man”, “Wyrd Sisters” and “Guards Guards!”

He shakes me by the hand and goes on his way, and I say to myself, life doesn't get much better than this.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm the wonders of London. However I think "Small Gods" is probably a contender for best Pratchett that you left out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I feel bad about not mentioning it

    ReplyDelete